Portland Events: Here are a few great looking up-coming Portland events around water issues:
Sustainable Water Management Conference – March 18-21, 2012
Focused on water resource integration, this conference combines technical presentations with in-depth discussions on legal, regulatory, and legislative matters facing water utilities today.
- Water Conservation
- Water Resources
- Water Environment
- Sustainable Utilities and Infrastructure
- Urban Planning, Design, and Construction
- Community Sustainability
The conference is geared toward professionals involved in all aspects of water resources and conservation.
Walk for Water – March 24, 2012
Celebrate World Water Day by simulating a typical water-gathering experience for women and children in sub-Saharan Africa. Participants will haul water for 3.1 miles around the Willamette River.
Participants can also celebrate through a non-competitive 5k fun-run that mirrors the route for the Walk for Water.
2012 Land Grant and Sea Grant National Water Conference – May 20-24, 2012
- speakers address current and future water management issues
- tech sessions offer insight into research results and education programs
- informal networking opportunities
- workshops with national experts on specific water issues
- tours providing exposure to water management issues on our own Northwest Pacific Coast